Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I think i've found my purpose!!!!

so I have been trying to figure out what about fashion styling inspires me...I loved editorial...I absolutely love it. I love to see all the elements work together to create the one perfect image. And I also love runway...there is nothing like watching those close in motion...le sigh. But I have recently become obsessed with lifestyle styling and more so image consulting. I love shopping and I love helping people create new looks for themselves. And I really want to work in the sports arena. I feel like sometime athletes (male and female) can't really transcend their style from the court/ filed to the runway. I have been reading up a lot on these types of stylist and there really is a market for it and I want to be apart of it. So that is what I am working on during my sabbatical from NYC. Someone who be a dream client for me would be Serena Williams. I love Serena I think she is such an amazing woman but often times she misses the mark...fashion wise. I have to give it to her she has come a looong way and she's almost t here. I took a little trip down fashion lane to look at her journey. Here we go...


I'm not sure who was dressing her...I think a great feature about Serena is her legs...they are amazing so I like that she wears shorter dresses and things but she also has very broad shoulders so you have to be mindful of the tops you put on her. 

                                                     
Anyways I saw this image of Serena yesterday and I was literally blown away...she looks amazing here. The hair, the makeup, the dress it all just worked! I may have gone with a strappy heel or platform and definitely lost the band aid...Who is her stylist now....because they are doing a great job. I am looking forward into getting into this area of styling...I may have to make my own opportunity if one doesn't present itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment