Saturday, February 20, 2010

My first NEW YORK FASHION WEEK!!!

wow! I cannot believe I went to fashion week. so here's what went down. I have been interning with a stylist and she was a key stylist for a show and I was one of her assistants. we were a bit overwhelmed with all the work that needed to be done for that show. on the day of the michael angel show she sent me to the tents to cover it..."who me?" I didn't have my hair done, my cute outfit on or nothing...but I ran to Bryant Park ok... I got there and waited in line and just took it all in...it was just...AWESOME!!! I finally got in and I had to stand in the back but just watching a live fashion show was unbelievable...I wish I had a Nikon camera at this point because my I phone was not gettin' it
see what I mean...
Anyways, it was still a great experience. The stylist i'm interning for let me go cover Betsey Johnson for her as well...EEEKKKK!!! I was sooo excited, here's what I wore




the blazer is a zara collection via city opera, skirt forever 21, graphic tee is hm and booties are from ross...oh how i miss thee
anyways...so I make my way over to see BJ...the show was soo cool. it had a country/ western/ charlie chaplin/ saloon bar thing going on...and I absolutely adored everything about it
once again, me wishing I had a Nikon :(


ok so now it's back to work
the show I got to work on was for boudoir d'huitres and it came out beautifully. the stylist was Ope and she had to put together the look for the opera singer who opened the show and style all the models in the show. I definitely did not realize how much hard work went into a fashion show production...I WAS EXHAUSTED!!!









I am definitely learning more and more with every opportunity that I have been given. so right now I am just spplying for jobs...hopefully as a full time styling assistant...oh yeah I got my first styling credit for this show, I was in the program and everything...woot woot go me!!!
I LOVE NYC 
*added in* here is the opera singer that Ope styled to open the fashion show

1 comment:

  1. Whooohooo for styling credit!!!!! Love seeing your behind the scenes updates!!

    ReplyDelete